Since 2000, the abortion pill has been legal for use in our country, RU 486 (mifepristone) kills an unborn baby up to 10 weeks old by blocking food and oxygen so that she eventually starves or suffocates to death. Mifepristone is a complex chemical molecule effecting multiple systems of the woman’s body, her reproductive system, cardiovascular, digestive, and central nervous system as well. Misoprostol, the prostaglandin ordinarily used in conjunction with RU 486, has its own side effects, triggering the painful, often nauseating contractions that expel the dead baby. Despite heavy publicity by Planned Parenthood and NARAL Pro-Choice America that the RU 486/prostaglandin method is a safe, easy and effective alternative to surgical abortion a very different picture emerges from the actual results reported from the clinical testing and from use in other countries.
This method of abortion now accounts for 25% of all abortions.
Unlike surgical abortion – this method has the potential to be REVERSED if a woman CHANGES her mind after taking the FIRST drug (mifepristone) by undergoing progesterone treatment with a qualified physician. It is urgent that a woman seek medical treatment once she decides to attempt the rescue of her child from the abortion. Call The Abortion Pill Reversal HOTLINE 1-877-558-0333 to get help right away.
As of November 2018 over 500 babies have been successfully rescued from chemical abortion. For more information visit www.abortionpillreversal.com.
Women with any of the following conditions may be screened from using RU 486 for fear that the drug might prove dangerous or deadly for them.
- Presence of cardiovascular risks, including high blood pressure, obesity, cigarette smoking, and diabetes
- Asthma and bronchitis
- Age over 35 and under 18
- Menstrual irregularity, fibroids or endometriosis
- Use of IUD or oral contraceptives less than 3 months prior to conception
- History of problem pregnancy, current ectopic pregnancy, or pelvic inflammatory disease
- Allergies, epilepsy, or adrenal insufficiency
- Recent intake of steroidor anti-inflammatory medications
- Long term administration of cortisone or similar drugs
- History of liver, stomach, intestinal, or kidney disease
DANGEROUS SIDE EFFECTS
- In France, a woman suffered heart failure and died after taking RU 486 in combination with the accompanying prostaglandin
- In America, one of the women participating in the U.S. trial of RU 486 nearly bled to death after taking the abortion drugs
- Nasty side effects that are experienced in most women using the RU 486 procedure include: Pain, nausea, diarrhea and vomiting, heavy bleeding and infection
- Approximately 8% of women will fail to complete the abortion using RU 486 and will have to undergo a surgical abortion
- The Center for Disease Control (CDC) has reported 22 deaths of women after medication abortion.
Besides the physical risks and complications of this abortion method, it has been described by Edouard Sakiz, former chairman and CEO of Roussel Uclaf, the Germany company that originally produced it, as “an appalling psychological ordeal” for women who have to “live with the abortion for a week using this technique.”
Safe? No . . . Easy? No . . . Effective? Maybe . . .
For more information on RU 486 call the state office at 501-663-4237 or visit www.nrlc.org.