2017 National Right To Life Pro-Life Essay Contest
Senior Essay Contest - Grades 10 thru 12
Junior Essay Contest - Grades 7 thru 9
First Place - $200
Second Place - $150
Third Place - $100
(Prizes awarded in each level)
Essays should address this question:
Why Are you Pro-Life?
Please follow these guidelines.
Essays should be submitted between December 19, 2016 and January 21, 2017. Essays must be postmarked by January 21, 2017.
Essays may be submitted to:
416 Burr Street
Paynesville, MN 56362
- Essays must be double spaced and pages numbered.
- Essays shall be 300 – 500 words in length.
- If typed, use no smaller than 12 pt font.
- Use a cover sheet that includes; full name, full address, phone number, grade level, student date of birth, parent’s name and word count.
- By submitting an entry the contestant and parent agree:
- A. to allow National Right to Life to reprint the winning essay,
- B. that the essay is original, but not copyrighted.
- Cite any sources used.
- Please do not include artwork, pictures or plastic covers.
- Please mail the essays, electronic submissions will only be accepted under special circumstances.
For the official contest informatioin visit http://www.nrlc.org/students/essaycontest/
Essays will be read and judged on originality, content, and accuracy. Each judge will rank essays #1 – #5. Essays ranked number 1, in a randomly selected group, will move to the second round. Essays may be grouped by region (West, Midwestern, Southern, and East) depending on the number of entries. The announcements will be made as soon as possible but judging time depends on the numbers of entries received.
For more information please email email@example.com or call Arkansas Right To Life at 501-663-4237.